Looking back on the past year feels so much different than usual.
Something significant has shifted. Do you feel it? Do you feel the subtle shift of you growing into yourself?
Sometimes growth can be painful. As though life has thrown us about and growth is the inevitable result. Other times it’s slow, steady, expansive.
I’ve had the “thrown about” years. This wasn’t one of them. This one felt magical and filled with intention. And that makes sense because my intentions were clear. Clarity is another elusive beast that made an appearance in my life this year…
At the start of 2018 I decided to live from a place of inner wealth. I listed the things I would do if I were wealthy— A win-the-lotto type of scenario if you will. And most were actually things that I could begin right away, like:
- begin coach training
- create an Joyful community
- create a place for people to align with themselves and with life more fully
And I figured why wait? Why wait for a future time that may never come when I can begin living my dreams now? That time you are waiting for is now! Just start.
And so this year has been a grand experiment gone right. My extreme Joy Strategy (only saying yes to things that contributed to my Joy) was paying off in huge dividends. The more I followed my Joy, the more I raised my vibration and attracted more Joyful things, people, and experiences.
In honour of celebrating the wins, I’ve curated a list of milestones and amazing moments from the past year. I recommend you do the same!
Here are my High Fives of 2018:
- Choosing an Inner Wealth Mentality & Joy Strategy
- Setting intentions for the year in work, life, and play
- Teaching meditation with David at Lifestyle Meditation
- Law Of Attraction Coach Training withTanya Hrehirchuk
- Trip to Curacao with the boys. (David and my Brother Lee)
- The creation of The Joy Sessions
- The summer of retreats (Photography + FUN!)
• Lifestyle Meditation Staff Retreat at Kananaskis Nordic Spa
• Wild & Free Retreat at Panther River
• Wellness Wisdom & Wilderness Retreat for Women at Pure Awareness
- Conference with Amy Porterfield, Marie Forleo and Jasmine Star in San Diego
- Participating in The Joy Panel event by Glow Juicery
- First in-person KAPOW Workshop-Putting the Joy back in your biz
- The Joy Sessions online launch!
- Switching my site to WordPress and getting Infusionsoft. So many OFG’s (Opportunities For Growth ).
- Seattle trip with my love for his 40th Birthday!
- Letting go of the past and reconneting with the magic of Christmas.
- Building The J-Team! Letting go of the Lone Wolf Syndrome which is no longer serving me and curating a resonant team of experts to support me and help me blast the world with more Joy!
- My bookkeeping consultant (and sweet Mother-In-Law) Christine Schecher of The Right Ledger.
- My BMSCA coach trainer and coach Tanya Hrehirchuk
- My amazing editor, writer and friend Laura Barakeris.
- Friend and meditation mentor Mandy Trapp and all of the beautiful teachers & practitioners at Lifestyle Meditation.
- Astrologer, psychic medium and coach Sheetal Story.
- Acupuncture & self care goddess Tamara Gervais of Soul Restoration.
- My friend and incredible photographer Emilie Iggiotti for many of the photos on this site.
- Last but not least, my biggest support David and our sweet baby girl Lily Bean and our friends and family.
The unfolding of this fruitful year has involved the regular planting of seeds and the constant tending of my creative garden. Filled with the excitement of possibility, I had to reign myself in (something entirely new to me) and train my mind on the following phrase: F*cking Focus! I wrote down new ideas and directed myself back to my main goals. And I gained some unexpected things this year. I had a lot of fun public speaking and I’m growing a strong J-team.
And so, in looking back at the past year, what I really want to do is celebrate. This post certainly highlights the good, and the Joyful. Full transparency, there has been contrast as well. It has been a wild ride. At times, so scary and overwhelming. But also fulfilling, rewarding and abundant with Joy. Thank you to everyone who has supported me in the transition of my offerings and these new developments. To my family and friends, and clients old and new. Thank you!!!
I look ahead with enthusiasm as I continue to focus on blasting Joy world-wide while inspiring others to live, work, and play in alignment.
In honour of the upcoming New year, let’s celebrate YOU! May I ask:
What intentions did you set for 2018, if any?
What are some of the most pivotal moments in your past year?
Where were the opportunities for growth?
What can you celebrate?
In honour of aligning with Joy in the new year, may I ask:
What would you love to experience in 2019?
What do you need in order to achieve your dreams?
(If you’re like me, it’s f*cking focus!)
What do you need to let go of in order to make way for your dreams?
How will you make your dreams a priority?
Cheers to you my friend. Look how far you’ve come! Celebrate every subtle shift. Every way in which you’ve come back to yourself. Know that wherever you are is perfect and always be sure to leave room for your dreams. Remember that JOY is always the best strategy!
And here’s to an aligned, abundant and Joyful 2019!
Happy New Year,